Thursday, June 23, 2016

June Birchbox v Ipsy














My June Birchbox and Ipsy have arrived!! Here's what we have for this month and my thoughts!

Birchbox

Avene Thermal Spring Water - I'll be honest, I don't understand the purpose of this product. I've seen others like it in the store and online but it is literally just water in a can. While it may be refreshing I just don't think it is worth spending money on something like this.

Balance Me Congested Skin Serum - I've been having some trouble with my skin over the last few weeks so this product excites me. It promises to be "an instant 'on the spot' natural blemish control designed to soothe and reduce both spots and blocked pores, to bring skin back into balance." I have been using this as a part of my evening skin care routine and have noticed that in the morning my blemishes are diminished and my skin looks healthier. The healthy size of this sample will allow me to really test it out before purchasing the full size.

Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask - Since I have thick curly hair I should use a deep conditioner more often than I do. I have not yet tried this product out but plan to by this weekend.

R + Co TWISTER Curl Primer - This product seemed pretty promising as it claims to add moisture and definition to my curls. However, I have not been overly impressed so far. I do not brush or comb my curls but still felt that they separated with the use of this product. I still have plenty left in my sample and plan to use it a few more times before truly making up my mind. All my curly girls know that each hair day brings new challenges!

The Beauty Crop PBJ Smoothie Stick - Raisin the Roof - This is probably my favorite product from this box! I love the soft mauve color and the formulation is so smooth. It feels great on the lips and wears well throughout the day. This is a definite win for me!

Ipsy

Patchology FlashMasque Illuminate - I love a good face mask so I was pretty excited to find 2 of these in my Ipsy bag! This is a 5 minute illuminating mask with Vitamin C, Licorice and Grapefruit Extract. I love that it can be done in 5 minutes or you can leave it on longer if you have time for a proper pamper sesh. Can not wait to try this out!

Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Fireball - This shimmery peachy pink shade is gorgeous! I have not yet tried out Urban Decay shadows so I am pretty anxious to get this on my eyes and see how it blends! (Also super stoked to find a great brand like Urban Decay in my Ipsy bag!)

Rodial Stem Cell Cleansing Cream - As I mentioned, I've been having some trouble with my skin lately so I am cautious to introduce too many new products to my skincare routine. With that said, I am looking forward to testing out this cleanser that can also be applied in a thick layer to use as a mask once a week.

Seraphine Botanicals Happy Hibiscus Blush - I am always happy to see cruelty free brands in my bags. This particular blush is not only cruelty free but is also vegan, GMO free, and gluten free. This is a really lovely dark pinky shade that I think will work well on most skin tones.

Doucce Boombastic Lash Volumizer Mascara - Boombastic indeed! This mascara gave my lashes so much length and volume! I have only worn it once but did not notice any flaking or unusual wear. I am pretty excited to add this to my collection!

So that's everything for this month! I would love to hear your thoughts on these products! Do you use them and love them? Are you not a fan? Let me know in the comments and don't forget to have a fabulous day!


Sign up here for just $10 a month!


Find me on Instagram @brunetteplanner








No comments:

Post a Comment